Saturday, February 9, 2013

My quilt room before and afters

When my son was moved into the guest room I was kicked out of that space into the basement. 

I just dumped things down here and worked around it for a while- but  I havent quilted for a while. 

Then I got the news that a good friend was finally pregnant with #2. That gave me the kick in the but to get going on cleaning things up. 

This is as clean as I am likely to get in anytime soon so I got some pictures. 

(this is VERY picture heavy!!)

before- rack
before-rack
after- rack

before- desk
after- desk


before- corner
after- corner





before- desk
I got a shelf hung up for more storage space. The green thing has my scrapbooking stuff in it. 
after- desk
So I cleaned things up. I folded my fabric up on magazine size comic book inserts

I got this at Walmart. its on wheels and the multitude of drawers is nice.

I hung up this up and hung up some of my things :)

My fabric all folded up. This is my 1/2 yardage or more.  The smaller ones are in bins on the wire shelf. 
 The drawers put away. 

My kids are contained
Zeke asked to join Abigail in the play pen. 



Then I got my hubby to take some "in action" shots.
from his desk


Rock on!


Happy Quilting everyone!


10 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Looks great! You did a super job getting organized. So sweet that your hubby helped out with the photos. Thanks for sharing your space.

Sylvia said...

It looks great! Have fun in your clean space!
Sylvia

Unknown said...

It looks spacious! Mega-love it.

Shannon said...

Looks great!! What a nice space!! Good job!!

salamanda said...

Great new space. I find it interesting that quilters are often paper crafters too. I also create scrap book pages and Art journal too but as I have one table I need to clear one craft away before I do next as I am a very messy paper crafter with a spray ink obsession.

Debbie said...

thank you everyone!

+sally- i did scrapbooking before learning how to quilt. I mostly use it to make cards

Laura said...

Love your space I am going to snag your hanging of scissors and tools idea. Right now keep them and my rotary cutter in their gingher tins. I already hang my rulers on my hobby table.

Stephie said...

Wow Debbie, you are organised!! Love how you made mini bolts for your fabric, that's such a good idea. I think the best bit of your organisation though are your kids in the playpen - everything has its place ;D

Laura B said...

Very nice, Debbie. You've got it all organized, which is what I'm trying to do now. Even though I have my house to myself, I only use my smallest bedroom as my sewing room, so not as much space as I'd like. Eventually, I'll do the basement thing...

Unknown said...

It always good to have a dedicated work area and you did a marvelous job...great space#

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...