Thursday, January 6, 2011

Facebook homemade challenge

So I saw on a friends Facebook status this message:


Pay it Forward 2011:
I promise to send something handmade to the first 4 people who leave a comment here. In turn, those first 4 people must repost this and send something handmade to the first 5 people who comment on their status.
(The only rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 4 people sometime in 2011....)





So I of course got on it right away!
I put this as my status and within a couple hours I had all 5 people signed up.


This was quicker than I thought. Then I had to think of what I was going to make.
Humm- I dont want to make a quilt for each one but I like quilting. then I remembered a current trend going around in some of the new blogs that I have joined: Mug Rugs. 


What on earth is a Mug Rug you may ask (as I did.)


Its a cross between a napkin/coaster/place mat. Its to put your coffee cup and a treat on without using a coaster or place mat or plate.


here is a picture of one:


Image found here


The bonus side of these little projects its that is uses up a lot of your scraps.




Keep an eye on the blog for more updates on my mug rugs


update:
I have already posted
#1 for Paula
# 2 for Leslie
# 3 for Kendra
#4 for Debb

#5 for Brittany

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...