Wednesday, June 11, 2008

National Gallery of Ireland

Well yesterday was a good day and I couldn't help but to think that Andrea F. should be here!
I went to the National Gallery of Ireland.
They were having a special exhibit of Impressionist Interiors. I have attached the description at the bottom.
I know some of you don't like art galleries but i had a good time. I spent almost 2 hours in that one exhibit. I then ate lunch and wandered around another floor. I only got one floor in when it was 430 and I was ready to go back home. I hope to get the other floor and a half done before I leave. But if I don't im not worried about it.
Last night we had the same guy as Friday pop in again. He left today to go back home to Holland. We went out last night to the bar down the courtyard. They had live music. We were hoping for Irish music but it was some guys from the US. It was good anyways. Another night we will go in search of Irish Music. In Temple Bar area they have a lot of pubs advertising live Irish Music.

ttfn

IMPRESSIONIST INTERIORS

This exhibition highlights the intimate observations of the Impressionists and their circle. It features 46 wonderful paintings and drawings by Manet, Monet, Renoir, Degas, Cassatt, Gauguin, Vuillard and Morisot, many of which have been brought together from important collections in Europe and the United States of America. As well as displaying key works from the 1870s and 1880s, this exhibition will show how artists such as Edouard Vuillard and Pierre Bonnard carried on the Impressionist legacy of 'intimisme' into the twentieth century.
Millennium Wing

http://www.nationalgallery.ie/html/exhibitions.html#impressionist


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...